Are They Worth It?
Here’s everything you need to know about dental implants in Singapore.
Dental Implants – What Are They?
Despite improvements in dental care, millions of people still suffer tooth loss either due to tooth decay, periodontal disease, or injury/accidents. For many years, the only treatment options available for people with missing teeth were dental bridges and dentures. But, today, dental implants are available. A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that is placed into your jaw to hold a replacement tooth or bridge.
Dental implants may be an option for people who have lost their teeth due to periodontal disease, an injury, or some other reason. Dental Implants are made of special biomaterials that are surgically placed in the jawbone under your gum line. After a few months the implant becomes anchored to the surrounding bone.
This dental implant can be used to stabilize dentures and bridges, and to replace just one tooth, or to rebuild an entire jaw of missing teeth. The best part is that they look and feel just like natural teeth. Dental implants are the next best thing for healthy, natural, strong and stable teeth. A dental implant restores a lost tooth so that it looks, feels, fits and functions like a natural tooth when implanted by an experienced implant dentist.
Types Of Dental Implants
1. Endosteal (in the bone): This is the most commonly used type of implant. The various types include screws, cylinders or blades surgically placed into the jawbone. Each implant holds one or more prosthetic teeth. This type of implant is generally used as an alternative for patients with bridges or removable dentures.
2. Subperiosteal (on the bone): These are placed on top of the jaw with the metal framework’s posts protruding through the gum to hold the prosthesis. These types of implants are used for patients who are unable to wear conventional dentures and who have minimal bone height.
How much does a Dental Implants cost?
Dental Implants at our clinics typically start from $2,500 per implant tooth (Regardless of Upper or Lower). Depending on the type/brand of implant which is used and the complexity of the case, the price of the implant may increase accordingly. Each implanted tooth is Medisave claimable up to a maximum of $1,250 ($900 for Implant Surgery & $350 for Consumables, etc.) as per MOH Guidelines.
At our clinics we use 4 different brands of implants namely, Dentium, Ostemm, Bicon and Straumann. Prices quoted include all disposables & xrays required, implant parts, surgery, dental crowns, and consultations. For flexible payment plans, please contact us to learn more.
Although dental implants may be a more costly option as compared to dental bridges or dentures. The results and benefits attributed with dental implants are a lot more favourable as compared to alternatives.
Advantages Of Dental Implants
1. Dental implants are built to last. That makes them the best long-term, cost-effective solution. Traditional, tooth-supported dental bridges only last five to seven years, and with proper care often more than 10 years, but at some point they may need to be replaced.
2. Dental implants allows one to enjoy life without worrying about the teeth. There is no need to stay cooped up at home or feel uncomfortable in public and be embarrassed because smiles might look and feel different.
3. Without teeth, face can sag and appear sunken and sad, but dental implants will come in to help maintain the natural shape of one’s face and smile.
4. Dental implants help protect the healthy bone because leaving empty spaces in the mouth after losing one or more teeth can lead to additional health issues. Therefore these implants help seal the gate for bacteria and infection-causing organisms.
5. Dental implants protect the healthy bone; Leaving empty spaces in the mouth after losing one or more teeth can lead to additional health issues, therefore these implants help seal the gate for bacteria and infection-causing organisms.
6. Cavities cannot occur in an implant-restored tooth or replacement tooth; however, one will have to care for the implants by visiting the dentist as scheduled, cleaning and caring for the implants, the gums and the mouth every day.
7. Dental implants are more predictable than other teeth replacement methods. According to implant dentists, it has a track record of reliable, long-term successful outcomes and is often considered “more predictable” than other teeth replacement methods.
About the Author
Dr Kenneth Siah’s professional interests lie in the diagnosis and management of cracked teeth, implants and wisdom teeth removal. He credits his love for surgery stemming from the nurturing attitudes of his mentors.
A healthy and beautiful smile does wonders to your self-esteem and makes a huge impact on your life.
Your smile is one of the first things people notice about you, and first impressions really do count.
In this article, we break down and explain the reasons why having a straight set of teeth is advantageous towards both your oral and general health.
Invisalign aligners have revolutionized the world of orthodontics by offering patients a hassle-free and comfortable way the treatment of misaligned teeth.
This article aims to reassure you that Invisalign will not hurt much as long as you establish a healthy and consistent routine throughout the course of treatment.
Many parents and children often have a multitude of questions for their dentist about living with and choosing Invisalign – is Invisalign treatment painful? How long will my child have to wear these aligners? Can my child still play his wind instrument with them on?
This guide will touch base on everything you need to know about committing to this treatment option. Read on more to find out!