Root Canal (Endodontics) Procedure
This is a common procedure that can save your teeth from getting extracted. NoFrills Dental team of expert dentists have more than 20 years of experience in executing root canal treatment procedures safely and proficiently.
In case you have any concerns and worries about your impending root canal procedure you should feel free to discuss them with your dentist.
Root Canal Treatment
Your teeth are meant to last a lifetime. Decades ago, diseased or injured teeth were usually extracted. But today, a tooth can often be saved through root canal (endodontic) treatment.
Endodontics (en-do-DON-tics) is the branch of dentistry that deals with treating diseases or injuries to the dental pulp. An endodontist is a dentist who specializes in root canal and other endodontic treatments.
What happens if the dental pulp is injured?
Why should the pulp be removed?
Removing a tooth can create problems
Root canal treatment can prevent these problems by saving your natural tooth. Also, root canal treatment is usually less expensive than a replacement tooth.
What does treatment involve?
- Area around the tooth is made numb to minimize pain to ensure you are comfortable during the procedure. Your dentist will place a thin latex rubber sheet over the tooth to be treated to remove wetness. Then the dentist makes a hole through the tooth’s crown leading to the pulp cavity.
- The dental pulp is extracted from its cavity as well as from the root canal (spacing in the root of the tooth). Your dentist cleans and shapes the root canals in preparation for filling.
- Medication may be placed inside the pulp cavity and root canals in order to eliminate bacteria.
- Usually, material like rubber is used to seal the root canals.
- The tooth is temporarily filled to prevent your tooth’s root canals from being infected. In case infection has gone further than the root ends then your dentist may prescribe antibiotics. You should use the medicine recommended only as prescribed by the dentist. Contact your dentist in case you experience any problems using the medication prescribed.
- In the next treatment phase, your dentist will remove the previously placed temporary filling. Your tooth will be restored by a filling or crown which will make it stronger and enhance its appearance. In case it is an endodotists handling your root canal treatment then this step will be performed by your generalist dentist.
|Tooth decay can cause an abscess (infection).||The decay is removed and an opening is made through the crown of the tooth into the pulp chamber.||The pulp is removed and the root canals are cleaned and shaped.|
|The root canals and pulp chamber are filled.||A metal or plastic rod or post may be placed in the root canal to help retain the core (filling) material, which supports the restoration (crown).||The tooth is then restored with a crown or filling.|
What materials are used for the crown?
How long will the restored tooth last?
How much does root canal cost?
Root Canal Cost Singapore
In NoFrills Dental, root canal treatment range from $500 – $950 depending on the complexity of the treatment procedure. This cost does not include the fees for any dental crowns if required.
The initial consultation package costs $150 and it includes consulting our dentist and x-rays.
Book an Appointment Today!
Or give us a call @ (+65) 9007-1085